PULSE LF Low-Flow Ultrasonic Chemical Injection Metering Valves
Inject low-dose inhibitors effectively
The PULSE LF low-flow ultrasonic chemical injection metering valve (CIMV) is designed for injection of low-dose inhibitors (e.g., for wax, scale, corrosion) and uses an ultrasonic flowmeter and a precision needle valve in closed-loop or open-loop position control. It has been engineered to handle flow rates from 0.07 galUS/h to 159 galUS/h [0.25 L/h to 600 L/h] and it is retrievable by an ROV, whether mounted in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
Obtain accurate measurement with debris-tolerant, nonintrusive flowmeter
The PULSE LF CIMV uses a debris-tolerant, microbore, nonintrusive, line-of-sight ultrasonic flowmeter that has no moving parts. Unlike a Venturi type flowmeter, it is pressure independent and has a very low native pressure drop. The flowmeter provides consistent accuracy (better than 2%) and a very large turndown ratio (up to 2,400:1).
Precisely regulate flow
A precision needle valve regulates the flow of the chemical through the system. The needle has an equal percentage flow curve, providing exceptional control over a very large flow range. It is operated by an electric actuator, which provides very fine system adjustment, controlled by the feedback from the ultrasonic flowmeter via the onboard closed-loop control algorithm.
- ROV-retrievable, self-regulating metering valve for injection of chemicals such as corrosion, scale, and wax inhibitors and low-dosage hydrate inhibitors (LDHIs)
- Flow range 0.07 galUS/h to 159 galUS/h [0.25 L/h to 600 L/h]
- Microbore, nonintrusive ultrasonic flowmeter
- Accuracy better than ±2% of reading for all flow rates greater than 2 L/h
- Maximum working pressure 10,000 psi [690 bar] and 15,000 psi [1,034 bar]
- Maximum water depth 13,123 ft [4,000 m]
- Insert weight 150 lbm [68 kg] in water
- Horizontal or vertical mounting on tree/manifold
- CANbus, CiA443, or Modbus communication
- Redundant flow measurement system
- Onboard control and diagnostics